This green bean casserole recipe is such a breeze to put together! Topped with crispy French-fried onions, this is one creamy, rich casserole you’re going to love.
How To Make Green Bean Casserole
This green bean casserole recipe is extremely easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients. Serve up this creamy, cheesy casserole in under an hour!
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- Add the bacon pieces to a skillet over medium heat. Saute briefly, then add the garlic and onions.
- Continue sauteing for 3 to 5 minutes until the bacon is done but not crisp and the onions are golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and whisk immediately to evenly mix it into the butter.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then pour in the milk and heavy cream. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, whisking constantly, while the sauce thickens.
- Add cayenne and grated cheese. Whisk until the cheese melts.
- Add the bacon and onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust accordingly.
- Add the green beans and stir gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and top with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and the panko or breadcrumbs is golden. Serve immediately!
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 30mg
- Calories: 178kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 186mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 463mg
- Vitamin A: 459IU
- Vitamin C: 8mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!