It’s time to switch up your usual chicken and rice leftovers and make some magic out of them. Here’s a chicken and rice casserole recipe you can try cooking.
How To Make Chicken and Rice Casserole
This chicken and rice casserole recipe is a complete meal on its own. Loaded with chicken, mushrooms, chestnuts, and cheese that will feed your whole family.
- Melt butter with oil in a Dutch oven over high heat, swirling pan to blend.
- Add chopped mushrooms. Cook and stir over high heat about 2 minutes.
- Add onion and chicken breast pieces. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook until chicken is just cooked through, stirring in garlic the last minute or so.
- Add undiluted mushroom soup and the cheese spread. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in the cooked rice, thawed broccoli, water chestnuts, sour cream, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish sprayed with a nonstick product.
- Bake at 400 degrees F, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top with Cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. Return to oven until cheese melts.
- Take it out the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 161mg
- Calories: 327kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Fat: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 524mg
- Protein: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 513mg
- Vitamin A: 513IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
An ultimate comfort food recipe made with healthy ingredients.
Have a fulfilling meal with this easy-to-cook Casserole recipe.
A comforting plate of chicken and rice is like getting a warm hug. This recipe uses two kinds of soup for a flavorful outcome.
A wonderful casserole dish that's simple enough to be easily included in your weekly dinner recipes. An incredibly hearty dish that is meaty and flavorful that's sure to leave you wondering when you can have it again.