These Cornish hens are flavored with garlic and rosemary. With the bacon wrapped around you get an extra savory and smoky taste to your meal.
Bacon Wrapped Cornish Hens Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. Cornish game hens giblets removed
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- 4 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 8 large bacon slices
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 24 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth canned low-salt
- Additional rosemary sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Wash hens and pat dry with paper towels.
Season the cavity of each hen lightly with salt and pepper.
Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 rosemary sprig in cavity of each hen.
Rub hens with 1 Tbs. oil.
Season outside of hens lightly with salt and pepper.
- Gently wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each hen. Arrange in heavy large roasting pan.
Scatter garlic around hens.
Roast hens 25 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350°.
Pour wine, broth and remaining 2 Tbs. oil over hens.
Continue roasting until hens are golden brown and juices run clear when thigh is pierced at thickest part. Baste your hens every 10 minutes with pan juices and cook about 25 minutes longer.
Transfer hens to platter, pouring any juices from cavity into roasting pan.
Tent hens with foil to keep warm.
Transfer remaining pan juices and garlic to heavy medium saucepan over low heat.
- Boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 6 minutes.
- Cut hens in half lengthwise.
- Arrange on plates.
- Spoon sauce and garlic around hens.
- Garnish with additional rosemary sprigs and serve.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!