Cucumber smoothie recipes are usually green and always fresh. We’re giving the green smoothie a revamp by adding tomatoes and spices for a plant-based non-dairy drink that has double the nutrients and anti-inflammatory properties. Serve it as part of your detox diet or when you’re feeling a bit under the weather to have an instant energy boost. Pair it with chickpea salad for a filling meal.
Tips on Making Cucumber Smoothie
Cucumbers are naturally hydrating since they are made up of 95% water. They’re rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, B, and C, and their mild taste easily blends well with other fruits and vegetables. That’s why they’re easy to add to any diet. Read these points for valuable tips and variations that you can make in your cucumber shake.
- Use English cucumbers. They have thin skin, tender seeds, and are the sweetest among all varieties! You can even keep the skin on. But any kind of cucumber that’s available for you will do.
- Got a lot of cucumbers and tomatoes? You can pre-slice and freeze them for up to 1 month. You will save them from going bad and you will also have them ready to blend whenever you want a smoothie.
- Make it even healthier by adding a teaspoon of chia seeds and a scoop of protein powder. Make sure to use pea protein if you want to keep your cucumber smoothie vegan.
- For a creamy touch, you can add almond milk, soy milk, canned coconut milk, coconut cream, or nut butters.
- Add other delicious ingredients like frozen pineapples, fresh ginger, or mango. Cucumber and bananas make a great combination, too. You can also add leafy green veggies like kale, and spinach for an even healthier drink.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
These smoothie recipes will make you look forward to breakfast and post-workout healthy snack times! Go for low calories with big health benefits by trying them out:
- Blueberry Smoothie Bowl — Bananas, blueberries, and cashew butter make this fruit smoothie bowl thick and delicious.
- Pineapple Ginger Smoothie — Start the day right by making this sunshine-colored tropical smoothie! It has a spicy, sweet-sour taste from the pineapple and fresh ginger.
- Banana Smoothie — This banana smoothie gets its creamy taste from Greek yogurt and milk, and a slight tang from lime juice. No need for added sugar since bananas are already naturally sweet.
- Peanut Butter Strawberry Smoothie — With yogurt, peanut butter, milk, and loads of fresh strawberries, it’s like strawberry cheesecake in a drink. You can make it using almond butter or other nut butters of your choice.
- Spinach Smoothie — This green smoothie is best after workout or when you’re sick. It packs loads of nutrients and antioxidants from spinach, celery, apples, lime, parsley, and a touch of spice from ginger.
How To Make Spicy Tomato Cucumber Smoothie
This gluten-free vegan tomato cucumber smoothie is a cool combination of refreshing and spicy flavors. It’s made with real cucumbers and tomatoes with cumin, coriander, and hot sauce.
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
Taste and adjust with more spices as necessary.
Garnish glasses with lime or tomato wedges, and/or cucumber spears. Serve!
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 51mg
- Calories: 66kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 781mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 254mg
- Vitamin A: 1518IU
- Vitamin C: 60mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to peel cucumbers for smoothies?
It’s safe to eat cucumber skin. However, it can turn into a rough pulp if the food processor is not powerful enough to break everything down into a fine smoothie. If you’re using English cucumbers, there’s no need to peel as they have really thin skin.
What should you not put in a smoothie?
A general rule is to be careful not to put too much of anything, especially sweeteners. Or else, the added sugar will outweigh the nutritional benefits of the fruits and vegetables in your smoothie.
ConclusionEnjoy the fresh taste of cucumbers and tomatoes with some kick and heat from the spices in this healthy breakfast smoothie.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!