Chick-Fil-A’s chocolate milkshake is one of the top most-ordered drinks on their menu up until now. This chocolate milkshake also turned out to be one of the best milkshakes amongst all fast-food chains.
Discover what the hype is all about by recreating this Copycat Chick-fil-A Chocolate Milkshake Recipe. Make this easy-to-whip milkshake recipe at your own kitchen bar and enjoy its thick and creamy goodness.
If you happen to love this, we’re sure you’ll be glad to recreate other Chick-Fil-A Recipes at your own home, too! No need for takeouts, drive-thru, delivery, nor dine-ins.
Tips In Making Chick-fil-A Chocolate Milkshake
Milkshake is a delicious drink famous for being frothy, sweet, and thickly rich. Milkshakes are sometimes mistaken as smoothies, but they differ when it comes to ingredients. While milkshakes are typically made with ice cream and milk, smoothies are made of frozen berries and purees.
We also believe that the best milkshakes are easily customizable. If you haven’t tried whipping your own milkshake drink before, here’s our guide on how to make a chocolate milkshake the Chick-Fil-A way.
- Soften the ice cream. Do not add your ice cream into the blender while it’s too hard as it will dilute the consistency of the milkshake.
- Avoid adding too much milk. We want it to have a creamy texture but not watery and runny.
- Add whatever ingredient you like. Keep on reading if you want to know our milkshake flavor and add-on suggestions.
Chocolate Milkshake Add-Ons And Toppings To Try
Another great thing about making your own homemade chocolate milkshake is you can adjust its level of sweetness and consistency. You can also try adding your favorite flavors to it. Here are some ingredients that you can add into your chocolate milkshake to boot:
- Nuts – Add in some almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds to your blender to get that earthy flavor.
- Cookies – Mix in crushed Oreos or chocolate chips. You can never go wrong with cookies ‘n cream milkshake.
- Fresh fruits – Banana, strawberries, blueberry will take your milkshake to another level. Choose any fruit among these berries, then add them to your chocolate milkshake.
- Syrup – You can also mix in vanilla, caramel, mocha, peanut butter, or mocha syrups if you like.
- Sprinkles – Lastly, you can top your milkshake with coffee bean bits, marshmallows, chocolate grates, or M&M’s for added crunch, flavor, and sweetness.
So, get a glass, and make the best chocolate milkshake recipe there is. Top your drink with bright red cherry and whipped cream, too! Finally, enjoy your cold sweet drink with everybody.
How To Make Chocolate Milkshake (Chick-fil-A Copycat)
Fill a tall glass with this creamy, thick, and rich chocolate milkshake! Bring the Chick-Fil-A milkshake bar to your own kitchen with very simple ingredients
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sugar, granulated
- maraschino cherries, stemmed, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
Combine the ice cream, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar in a blender.
Blend the mixture until it reaches a very smooth consistency.
Pour the milkshake into four tall glasses and top them with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
Add straws into the glasses, serve them cold, and enjoy your delicious chocolate milkshake.
- Sugar: 40g
- Calcium: 248mg
- Calories: 355kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 453mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Vitamin A: 697IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I thicken the consistency of the milkshake?
If you want to make your milkshake thicker, you can add any thickening ingredients such as 1 tablespoon of yogurt or another spoon of your flavored ice cream. We also suggest reducing the amount of milk if you want an even thicker consistency. You can also add some ice to thicken the consistency of the milkshake and make it even slushier.
How do I make a vegan milkshake?
You can make this chocolate milkshake vegan by using dairy-free ingredients just like how we did in our Almond Joy Milkshake Recipe. You can use almond milk and coconut extract in place of vanilla extract for a healthy and delicious chocolate milkshake. Serve it chilled.
Can I make a milkshake without a blender?
Definitely. All you would be needing is a mason jar. Throw in all of your ingredients into the jar and shake until it reaches your desired consistency.
ConclusionChocolate milkshakes never go out of style! It’s the perfect sweet drink for all seasons. Serve them in slumber parties, movie marathon nights, and large gatherings. It’s so simple to make. You can even incorporate your favorite ingredients and toppings. Turn this into a new drink or dessert staple at your home and enjoy your very own Chick-fil-A inspired chocolate milkshake whenever you want.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!