Apples cooked in brown sugar and lemon juice, with a fluffy egg crème topping.
How To Make Toddy Apples
A delicious and versatile recipe for hot toddy which can be enjoyed by the young and old. A refreshing blend of hot and spiced toddy drink with refreshing flavors of apples. This recipe can be made with apple juice in place of brandy so the kids can share the experience.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Bring water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil.
- Let the apple slices boil in the liquid until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool in the liquid.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until white and fluffy.
- Stir in brandy or apple juice.
- Pour this in a saucepan and heat over low heat, while beating, until the crème is thick and fluffy but do not let it boil.
- Put the apples in serving bowls and pour the egg crème on top.
- Decorate with flaked almonds or berries.
- Sugar: 46g
- Calcium: 49mg
- Calories: 276kcal
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Cholesterol: 195mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 239mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Vitamin A: 358IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!