Imagine sipping an icy, sour, and salty glass of margarita on a hot sunny day. This no-sweat frozen margarita recipe is the ideal drink for those who want a kick of tequila booze the friendly way.
This fun alcohol drink is best paired with a flavorful Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad and Shrimp Tacos. The fresh and citrusy taste of your tequila-based cocktail works great with these delicious and light dishes.
If you want to simply have fun and relax, this classic frozen margarita recipe with tequila is the drink for you. You can also mix up a margarita with blended fruit like strawberries, try our Frozen Strawberry Margarita.
What’s In Our Frozen Margarita?
If you want to know how to make a frozen margarita, then you’re on the right page. We offer the best margarita recipe on our site but this recipe offers you 4 simple main ingredients to perfect your alcoholic drink. It’s simple and very easy to mix.
- Tequila – This earthy and fruity beverage is the base for our margarita. You can find this famous bottle in many different names such as Patron, Herradura, or Don Julio. You can use any tequila of your choice.
- Triple Sec– The strong and bittersweet flavor of this liquor will give your margarita the blast that we’re looking for. You can opt to use Jacquin’s, Mr Stack’s, or Doc Well’s.
- Lime Juice – If you can’t get fresh lime fruits, you can get the juice mixture instead. This is a key ingredient for our margarita drink. The tangy and bitter taste of lime juice enhances the flavors of the margarita.
- Agave Syrup – This natural sweetener adds a honey-like flavor to your alcoholic drink. It has light, amber, and dark levels. Light agave is best for flavored cocktails, while amber has a higher sweetness level like plain sugar, and dark agaves are for strong coffee drinks.
Tips In Making Our Frozen Margarita Recipe
To achieve a perfectly slushy margarita, we’re glad to give you some tips that would help you in making it.
- Use the best tequila and triple sec for margaritas. There is a wide range of tequila and triple sec that you could choose from in making your margarita, we suggest using a tequila with a sweet and light taste.
- Use a high-quality blender. Make sure the blender is strong enough to break down the ice to give you the slushy and thick consistency that we want.
- Make sure to add in enough ice. To estimate the amount of ice, fill the glass of your margarita with the amount of ice you’re going to use. Don’t overdo the amount because we don’t want the ice to subdue the flavor of your alcohol.
- Add fruity flavors into your margarita. Blend in pureed fruits like watermelon, strawberry, peach, or any fresh fruit of your choice and give your margarita a totally new package.
Make use of these tips and start making your own cocktail recipes at home. We also have the Best Tequila Cocktails For A Cozy Home Bar lined up for you to make on other days and occasions. So, gather up all your ingredients, prepare your blender, and mix up a cold margarita in just 5 minutes.
How To Make Frozen Margarita
Mix up this no-sweat cocktail with our frozen margarita recipe and party for the rest of the night with your friends and guests. You’ll love the salty and sour kicks of this fun and freshening alcohol mix.
In a blender, combine the ice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice.
Blend until the mixture is smooth but slushy.
If desired, add salt to the rim of each chilled margarita glass by turning the lip of the glass over onto water then to a plate of salt. Pour in the frozen alcohol mix into 4 chilled glasses.
Garnish each glass with a lime wedge on the rim, and enjoy!
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I replace tequila with other liquor?
Definitely! You can use gin, vodka, or rum. You may use the same ingredients we used in this recipe and replace the tequila with these options to make your margarita.
Is salt necessary to put around the rim?
We recommend adding salt around the rim as this tones down the level of bitterness of your drink while it enhances the sweet and sour blast of flavor of the alcohol mix. We suggest using kosher salt for this one, but feel free to replace it with sugar if you like.
If you want a strong yet refreshingly bittersweet drink that’s easy-to-mix on a hot sunny day, this frozen margarita is the way to go. This cocktail is perfect to serve for parties or simple gatherings with friends. Go for our classic frozen margarita mix or make it your own by tweaking the liquor and sweeteners you’ll use in this recipe.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!