What’s a holiday without some good ‘ol fruit desserts? This Cranberry Curd Tart recipe is a delightful and easy-to-bake tart that only calls for a few ingredients!
How To Make Cranberry Curd Tart
This cranberry tart is a sweet citrusy holiday fruit dessert made with fresh cranberries with bites of citrus from orange.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepot, combine cranberries, sugar and orange juice, and zest.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until cranberries have popped and softened.
- Purée the cooked cranberry and orange mixture with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender.
- Press through a fine-mesh sieve and discard any remaining solids.
- Whisk the butter into the warm liquid until evenly incorporated and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and egg yolks then beat until evenly incorporated.
- Temper the eggs by slowly adding a cup of warm cranberry liquid into the eggs while whisking. Do this about twice, then transfer the egg mixture into the cranberry liquid, which is then transferred to a clean saucepot.
- Cook the cranberry filling over very low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened.
- Avoid overheating the filling as it will curdle, resembling scrambled eggs. You can use this straight away. If working ahead, cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, press wrap against curd, and refrigerate.
- Pour cranberry curd into the cooled pre-baked tart shell and smooth top with a spatula.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes to set curd.
- Cool on a rack, portion accordingly and serve. Should you wish to decorate this, you can use crushed almond nuts, cranberries, orange zest, and dill.
- Sugar: 27g
- Calcium: 24mg
- Calories: 346kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 83mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 107mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 507IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!