Copycat El Pollo Loco Rice Recipe
Those who are saying that rice is bland clearly have not eaten rice correctly. Rice is often aromatic, savory, and it complements the food regardless if it is pork or fish. For this rice recipe, we’ll show you how to recreate the savory and flavorful Mexican rice inspired by Pollo Loco.
This dish needs a generous amount of chicken stock. So, if you are cooking, and you happen to store some stock, it is best to whip that out for this rice recipe. Unleash your favorite herbs and spices and apply them here as well.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with herbs and spices. It is up to you how you can make this rice dish perfect for your palate. Serve this with some steak or grilled seafood and you are good to go. Rice is more than just a side dish. If you are want to learn more rice dishes, try our dirty rice recipe.
Copycat El Pollo Loco Rice Recipe Video
How To Make Copycat El. Pollo Loco Rice
This hearty Mexican meal is a perfect dinner suggestion for when you want to serve a dish with that authentic Mexican taste. And at the same time is able to satisfy the tummy.
- In a hot dry skilletl, toast the rice until golden.
- Add the oil & half of the onions. Saute briefly
- Transfer your rice/onion mixture into a greased inner pot of your rice cooker.
- Add the oregano, chicken broth, half of the paprika, & green chilis. Combine all these ingredients & cook your rice according to package directions. Set aside
- While waiting, saute your corn in the remaining onions, garlic, & oil until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes & pinto beans. Saute briefly, until any liquid from the tomatoes have reduced to ¼ its original content
- Add the cumin & remaining paprika. Saute briefly
- Transfer your cooked rice into a bowl, add the sauteed mixed vegetables.
- Mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Adjust accordingly
Serve with fresh cilantro and sour cream.
- Calcium: 146mg
- Calories: 346kcal
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 21g
- Iron: 7mg
- Potassium: 1179mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 354mg
- Sugar: 10g
- Vitamin A: 3649IU
- Vitamin C: 36mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Is Rice Good For Everyday Consumption?
Yes! Rice consumption is actually beneficial to the body because rice is an excellent source of carbohydrates and low in fat. When you are having an active lifestyle, eating rice would be an excellent decision.
Is There a Downside to Eating Rice?
There are some studies that connect eating too much white rice with obesity. However, if you will take some time to research information about rice, there will be a number of alternatives that can be consumed instead of the widely-distributed white rice: red rice, black rice, and brown rice are considered healthier and more filling.
Rice has been consumed by people in Asia for a long time. It provided them with energy through carbohydrates, protein, and other nutrients needed to survive everyday life. Try this Mexican spin on the rice dish and we guarantee that you'll never want to do takeout again.