How To Make Gluten-Free Banana Oat Waffles
The oat flour made this banana oat waffles a healthy, gluten-free breakfast perfect for a hearty meal to start your day. It is simple to make too.
- 2¼cupsoat flourcertified gluten-free if necessary
- 3tbspcoconut sugaror brown sugar
- 2tbsparrowroot starchor cornstarch
- 1tbspbaking powder
- ½cupcoconut oilmelted, or 7½ tbspunsalted butter
- ¾cupripe bananasmashed, about 2 medium
- 2tspvanilla extract
- bananasuggested toppings, thinly sliced
- maple syrupsuggested toppings, or honey
- nut buttersuggested toppings, toasted nuts
- whipped creamsuggested toppings, or coconut whipped cream
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, sugar, starch, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add the milk, coconut oil or butter, mashed banana, and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Stir with a big spoon until combined. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes so the oat flour has time to soak up some of the moisture. Plugin your waffle iron to preheat.
Once 10 minutes is up, give the batter one more gentle swirl with your spoon.
Using a measuring cup, pour batter onto the heated waffle iron enough to cover the center and most of the central surface area, and close the lid.
Wait to check on the waffles until most of the steam has stopped billowing out the sides. Once the waffle is deeply golden and crisp, transfer it to a cooling rack or baking sheet.
If desired, keep your waffles warm by placing them in a 200 degrees F oven until ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining batter and serve with desired toppings.
- Calories: 324.85kcal
- Fat: 18.89g
- Saturated Fat: 13.35g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.47g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.60g
- Carbohydrates: 32.62g
- Fiber: 2.56g
- Sugar: 9.05g
- Protein: 7.52g
- Cholesterol: 63.03mg
- Sodium: 279.13mg
- Calcium: 189.51mg
- Potassium: 307.47mg
- Iron: 1.74mg
- Vitamin A: 40.49µg
- Vitamin C: 3.19mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!