Who says no to good waffles? Indeed, the sweet aroma of waffles makes anyone excited to get up for breakfast. Today, we’re combining it with chocolate to make the best chocolate waffles! These chocolate waffles are crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside, chocolatey, and not overly sweet. Certainly, you can make our chocolate waffles recipe and serve them any time of the day — breakfast, brunch, or dinner — with fresh fruits and vanilla ice cream for a delightful meal.
Tips on Making Chocolate Waffles
All you need is a good waffle iron and a handful of ingredients which you probably already have in the pantry. On the other hand, here are more tips on how to make chocolate waffles that come out perfect every time:
- Firstly, know your waffle iron. Make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions on the cooking time and instructions because each unit is different. Nonetheless, the common instruction is to always heat up the waffle iron before putting it in the batter.
- Secondly, whip the egg whites well using clean and oil-free materials. Even a little amount of oil would prevent the whites from whipping up. That’s why rather than using plastics that tend to have an oily film on the surface, we recommend using a glass mixing bowl and a stainless wire whisk.
- Do not overmix the batter. Remember to mix the batter until just combined. Otherwise, the flour will develop too much gluten resulting in tough waffles.
- For extra crispiness, toast the waffles for 2 minutes in the oven toaster at 350 degrees F.
- Additionally, you can mix other delicious ingredients into the batter like nuts, raisins, and more chocolate chips, for instance.
- Finally, load it up with more flavorful waffle toppings like whipped cream and powdered sugar, maple syrup or chocolate syrup, dark chocolate shavings, and dust of unsweetened cocoa powder, for instance. Moreover, you can stack them up and serve them as a chocolate waffle cake.
How To Make Chocolate Brunch Waffles
These thick and fluffy chocolate waffles actually contain semi-sweet chocolate and are already in 30 minutes. Have an extra-special breakfast any day!
Microwave the chocolate and butter on High in 15-second intervals for 4 times or more until fully melted, stirring after each interval.
Cool to room temperature.
While waiting, whip the egg whites to stiff peaks in a glass or aluminum bowl.
In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Add the egg yolks, milk, and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture. Stir.
Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture then stir just until combined.
Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
Heat up the waffle iron and spritz with cooking spray. Cook waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Top with whipped cream, powdered sugar, or your preferred toppings. Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 19g
- Calcium: 141mg
- Calories: 413kcal
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 208mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 502mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 758IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you eat with chocolate waffles?
Aside from the suggested toppings, you can never go wrong by serving these dessert waffles with coffee or juice. Make a complete healthy breakfast spread by serving it with bananas and Greek yogurt, and perhaps a bowl of avocado salad.
Why are my chocolate waffles not crispy?
We like our waffles moist and tasty. However, too much moisture in the batter prevents the waffles from crisping up. Therefore, the waffles end up soggy. To save soggy waffles, heat them up on the waffle iron or in the oven toaster at 350 degrees F for 2 minutes. Take note that reheating waffles in the microwave will warm them, but won’t crisp them up. Above all, next time, be sure to measure the ingredients well according to the recipe.
ConclusionIf you’re looking for the easiest upgrade for your breakfast, this is it! Enjoy crispy, thick, and fluffy chocolate waffles for breakfast, brunch, or dinner with this easy recipe.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Breads & Doughs
Our mouthwatering apple bread recipe makes a soft and moist apple bread that's ready to dig in. Every bite has that autumn taste matched with a distinct aromatic scent.