Banana bread is one of those things that bring back fond memories for many of us. When we were kids, we all enjoyed having a thick slice topped with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or served extra fruity with a side of strawberry jam. Indeed, banana bread is one of the many simple pleasures in life. And if you love simple pleasures like this, why not give our slow cooker banana bread recipe a try?
We are particularly fond of this recipe as the use of a slow cooker makes this recipe even easier than it was to begin with. As a result, you’ll just have to pour it in and let your slow cooker work its magic. In contrast, baking requires more of a hands-on approach. But when you start off with the use of a slow cooker, you are setting yourself up for success. Certainly, this simple recipe ensures you a plump and moist banana bread, even for inexperienced bakers!
What’s more, we have added some pecan nuts into the bread for an added crunch. But if you’re feeling even more adventurous, you can also top the loaf with a generous helping of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pecan nuts and chocolate chips give your slow cooker banana bread some extra bite without becoming too sweet.
Now if you loved this recipe, we have another slow cooker banana dessert recipe just for you, Crockpot Banana Pudding!
Slow Cooker Banana Bread Recipe Video
How to Make Banana Bread in Slow Cooker
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup pecan nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 small bananas overripe, mashed
- Grease and flour the insert of the slow cooker.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add pecan nuts to the dry ingredients, mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar and softened butter. Then stir in the eggs.
- Add milk and vanilla extract into the mixture and mix well. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are full incorporated into the batter.
- Transfer batter into the slow cooker and place the lid.
- Cook on high setting for 2 to 3 hours. Check the bread after 2 hours by insert the toothpick in the center of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Let the bread cool on rack before slicing. Then serve with strawberry jam and enjoy!
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How can I make this slow cooker banana bread recipe vegan?
You can substitute the eggs in this recipe with ground flaxseed and warm water. Your flaxseed to warm water ratio should be 1:3 tablespoons. This replaces one egg in your recipe, adjust as needed. Alternatively, since bananas already act as a binder, you can skip the eggs entirely and add a tablespoon of coconut oil for a richer taste. This richness would otherwise come from the egg yolk.
Why does my banana bread fall apart?
Your banana bread will fall apart if it is too dry. This can happen if you add too much flour into the mixture. To make sure that the amount of flour you use is just right, make sure to level off the flour in your measuring cup so that it just touches the brim.
Why is my banana bread tough and rubbery?
Oops, you must have over-mixed your batter! The more you mix, the more gluten is produced, resulting in tough and rubbery banana bread. It’s alright to have lumps in your batter, you don’t have to be a perfectionist when making banana bread!
Banana bread has always been a great way to make use of extra bananas. In doing so, it has gained a special place in many of our hearts.
Packed full of vitamins and minerals, this slow cooker banana bread recipe is the perfect excuse to go back for a second helping of dessert!