This recipe for diabetic-friendly salmon makes a great dinner for two.
How To Make Diabetic-Friendly Grilled Salmon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tsp salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 lb asparagus
- Heat a sauté pan with garlic and olive oil for about 2 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add basil and, after a while, stop heating the pan.
- Whisk the basil in lemon juice and set aside.
- Sprinkle the salmon with lemon-pepper seasoning and set aside.
- Preheat a covered grill pan with roast asparagus for 3 minutes, shaking occasionally.
- Brush the salmon with lemon garlic mixture.
- Place the salmon on the grill pan with the asparagus and cook until the former becomes crusty.
- Top the cooked asparagus together with the salmon and garlic mixture and serve.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg