Copycat Texas Roadhouse Onion Blossom Recipe
This recipe is a fun appetizer for your family, or even just yourself, that’s simple to make. It’s never been so easy to have your favorite restaurant foods right at home.
How To Make Copycat Texas Roadhouse Onion Blossom
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, chili sauce, cayenne pepper and horseradish sauce in a medium mixing bowl until well combined.
- Divide sauce among small condiment cups.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or large stock pot to 375-400 °F.
- Prepare the seasoned flour mix by combining flour with garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk seasonings and flour to incorporate well.
- Slice 3/4 inch off the root end of each onion.
- Make 12-16 slices into the trimmed end working in a clockwise manner.
- Do not cut completely through the onion, leaving about an inch of uncut onion near the opposite root end.
- Remove about 1 inch of the center petals from each onion.
- Toss the onions in the seasoned flour to coat well.
- Peel back the petals slightly to allow the flour to reach between each petal, but do not remove.
- Combine remaining flour, paprika, pepper, cornstarch, salt, garlic salt and beer in a second large mixing bowl.
- Whisk well until smooth.
- Dip the floured onions in the batter.
- Allow excess batter to drip off each onion.
- Use a fryer basket to carefully place the battered onions, one at a time, into the hot oil.
- Cook for about 90 seconds, flip and cook for an additional 90 seconds.
- Transfer onions to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Place on a serving platter and insert the cup of dipping sauce in the center of each onion.
- Calcium: 40mg
- Calories: 328kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 162mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 464mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 863IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg