This easy cheese spread recipe takes only six ingredients and 10 minutes to make, yet the result is incredible. The sour cream balances out the saltiness of the cheese while the garlic amps up the aroma and taste with its mildly spicy and pungent flavor. You can certainly serve it as an appetizer for birthday parties, intimate celebrations, or as a fancy afternoon snack. Use this cream cheese spread recipe for crackers, soft pretzels, or crunchy vegetables.
Tips on Making this Homemade Cheese Spread Recipe
Like a lot of food, the idea that homemade is almost always better than store-bought is true for cheese spread. You get to make it fresh and also control what’s in it. Read on for these helpful tips to ensure fuss-free cheese spread making at home.
- First, chill the cheese spread before serving. The flavor will improve as the ingredients sit together. You can make this cheese dip a day ahead.
- Add other delicious ingredients to this basic recipe. You can give it a fresh herby flavor by adding chopped chives and cilantro, for instance. Moreover, you can make it spicy with hot sauce or chili oil. You can also easily turn it into a pimiento cheese by adding a bunch of pimientos and using pepper jack cheese.
- Enjoy it hot by baking it. It’ll then form a lovely golden-brown crust at the top.
- Lastly, do not freeze your leftover homemade cheese spread. Otherwise, the repetitive freezing and thawing will make it watery. Keep them in a sealed container in the fridge instead and consume them within two days.
How To Make Homemade Cheese Spread
This homemade cheese spread recipe combines sour cream, cream cheese, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce to make the ultimate cracker dip.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve with crackers and vegetables of your choice. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 328mg
- Calories: 612kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Fat: 61g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 15g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g
- Potassium: 213mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Sodium: 602mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1423IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you thin out cheese spread?
If your cheese spread turns out to be too thick, just add milk. Remember to this little by little to avoid making it too runny.
ConclusionServe it to your family and friends and watch them finish it in minutes. Well, no worries because you can whip up another batch of this incredible cheese spread recipe again in just 10 minutes.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!