We know KFC for their fried chicken but these green beans are pleasantly tasty. This can easily hold its place as a side dish for any course if you’re looking for something light and simple on the side.
Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes, and of course, your favorite fried chicken recipe. It’s also a good dish to start introducing vegetables to your kid’s diet.
How To Make Copycat KFC Green Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 can green beans
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup bacon
- Place the olive oil in a pan over the stove and heat.
- Add in peppers and onion over medium high heat and stir until onions soften.
- Add in water and beans and stir. Mix in the spices.
- Cook until the water starts to boil, then cook for a few more minutes at a boil until some of the water evaporates.
- Remove from heat, drain excess liquid if any and serve.
Ingredients You Need
This quick and easy green beans recipe is simple enough to be included in any meal. It can easily add some color and texture to your meal. We absolutely adore eating it with a dash of cayenne along with some mash. Try it your favorite homestyle fried chicken and prepare a feast with your family.