Cook a flavorful pot of this beef and beer chili recipe in just 30 minutes for a quick weeknight meal that’s sure to warm the soul. You can easily double the recipe and freeze extra for later.
How To Make Beef and Beer Chili
- 1 ½ cups red onion chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 8 oz extra-lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 19 oz red kidney beans drained
- 14.5 oz tomatoes no-salt-added, diced, undrained,
- 14 oz low-sodium beef broth
- 12 oz beer
- 1 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Combine onion, bell pepper, beef, and garlic in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Cook 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, sugar, and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add oregano, beans, tomatoes, beef broth, and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cornmeal and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and serve.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 1396mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2189IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 8mg