Instead of meatballs, this pasta is made with a ground beef vodka sauce. It is a delicious and satisfying dish to make any day of the week!
How To Make Penne Pasta with Ground Beef and Vodka Sauce
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups penne pasta
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Parmesan cheese
- 1 Salt
- 1 Pepper
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the oil and then the chopped onion.
- Add the beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the ground beef is cooked through, breaking up the meat when necessary.
- Add the tomatoes, chili flakes, and vodka.
- Increase the heat and let the meat sauce simmer until it reduces by half.
- Add the cream and stir and then add the pasta.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the heat, add parmesan cheese and serve.