Warm up on a rainy summer day with this corn chowder inspired by the popular Panera dish. Don’t forget to purchase French bread to accompany the great soup!
How To Make Panera Summer Corn Chowder Copycat
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 2 diced russet potatoes
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 tsp pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a pot over low heat and add the onion.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then add the flour.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth and add the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers, corn, salt and pepper, and heavy cream.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Evenly distribute the soup into bowls and garnish with diced tomatoes.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 1027mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1542IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg