This hot and sour soup is a great side to an Asian meal.
P.F. Chang’s Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
- 6 oz. chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 6 oz. bamboo shoots cut into strips
- 6 oz. wood ear mushrooms cut into strips
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 oz. white vinegar
- 6 oz. silken tofu cut into strips
- Cook chicken strips till done. Set aside.
- Bring stock to boil. Add soy sauce, white pepper, bamboo, mushrooms and chicken. Stir. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- While cooking, in separate bowl combine cornstarch and water to make slurry. Add slurry a little at a time and stir until thick.
- Add eggs while stirring and cook for 30 seconds or until eggs are done.
- Turn off heat. Add vinegar and tofu. Spoon into bowls and enjoy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!