Creamy Cucumber Potato Soup Recipe
This isn’t a combination you’d usually think of as being tasty, but it definitely is! The light taste from the cucumber and the potatoes flavors come together to make this thick, creamy and flavorful dish.
How To Make Creamy Cucumber Potato Soup
A soup makes a great appetizer and to try something new, make them with some cucumbers and potatoes.
- Melt butter.
- Saute onion and celery until tender.
- Add flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add potatoes, cucumbers, dill, and chicken broth.
- Boil until potatoes are cooked.
- Cool slightly and puree in a blender.
- Add cream and sour cream.
Reheat to near, but not quite boiling. Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Calcium: 85mg
- Calories: 447kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Fat: 34g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 731mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 791mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 1420IU
- Vitamin C: 35mg