We love Marie Callender’s potato cheese soup so much that we wanted to try making it ourselves.
How To Make Copycat Marie Callender's Potato Cheese Soup
- 8 cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups onions peeled and chopped
- 4 cups celery chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups half and half
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 tbsp parsley chopped
- Place the potatoes, onions, celery, and salt in a large pot of water.
- Simmer the contents of the pot for about 15 minutes until they become tender.
- Next, transfer the contents to a food processor and puree them until a chunky mixture is formed.
- Return the contents to the pot then add the half-and-half, butter, and cheese.
- Stir the contents and simmer them until they're piping hot.
- Lastly, garnish your soup with parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 964kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 1506mg | Potassium: 2572mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3392IU | Vitamin C: 114mg | Calcium: 593mg | Iron: 5mg