How To Make Jalapeno Popper Chili
Hearty, filling, and flavorful, this jalapeno popper chili serves a creamy and rich dish, made with ground beef, chicken broth, veggies, and spices.
- 2tbspextra virgin olive oil
- ½medium red onion,chopped
- 1red bell pepper,chopped
- 2jalapeno peppers,seeds omitted and finely chopped
- 3garlic cloves,minced
- 1lblean ground beef,ecipes.netground chicken or turkey
- 2tbsp*taco seasoning,(see Recipe Notes for recipe)
- 14½ozblack beans,(1 can), drained and rinsed
- 14½ozdiced tomatoes,(1 can)
- ½cup*salsa,(see Recipe Notes for recipe)
- ¾cupchicken broth
- 4ozcream cheese
For Optional Toppings:
- cheddar cheese,shredded
In a large pot add the extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic over medium heat until tender.
Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Add in the taco seasoning.
Add the black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, salsa, chicken broth, and chopped cilantro. Bring the chili to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Meanwhile, cook and crumble the bacon. Add the bacon and cream cheese right before serving. Stir until melted and creamy.
Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!
*Check out the Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe and the Restaurant Style Blender Salsa Recipe to learn how to make these flavorful ingredients.
- Calories: 683.93kcal
- Fat: 35.76g
- Saturated Fat: 13.04g
- Trans Fat: 0.92g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 15.39g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.11g
- Carbohydrates: 57.99g
- Fiber: 14.11g
- Sugar: 8.72g
- Protein: 34.45g
- Cholesterol: 88.12mg
- Sodium: 737.68mg
- Calcium: 158.35mg
- Potassium: 1707.38mg
- Iron: 6.19mg
- Vitamin A: 147.68µg
- Vitamin C: 46.89mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!