Fresh peaches and bananas create a light and refreshing dessert in this peace compote recipe! Serve it by itself, or over top your favorite vanilla cake.
How To Make Banana Peach Compote
Make this velvety Banana Peach Compote recipe for the perfect cake topping. The sweet, juicy peach cooked with lemon juice adds a citrusy touch to offset the sugary taste. The banana balances the flavors as the yogurt brings it all together!
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring the pan occasionally.
- When the sugar has dissolved, add the lemon juice and zest.
- Decrease the heat until the syrup is barely simmering.
- Add the peaches and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes until the peaches are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the peaches cool in the liquid for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cooled peaches with a slotted spoon. Chop into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, carefully fold the banana and yogurt into the peaches until well-distributed.
- Serve and indulge in your velvety Banana Peach Compote!
- Sugar: 26g
- Calcium: 31mg
- Calories: 136kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 296mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 24mg
- Vitamin A: 371IU
- Vitamin C: 8mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Elevate simple pancakes or yogurt with this 4-ingredient berry compote for a tart and sweet add-on that's ready in 10 minutes.