The inspiration for this appetizer is buffalo chicken wings. I breaded and baked catfish strips, then drizzled them with a spicy sauce. If you don’t like spicy foods, omit the hot pepper sauce.
How To Make Buffalo-Style Catfish Strips with Ranch Dressing
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 large egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1 lb catfish fillets cut into 1/2-inch strips
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- 4 celery stalks cut into 1/4x3-inch sticks
- 4 carrots cut into 1/4x3-inch sticks
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a whisk, combine the first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish and stir.
- Place the egg whites in a shallow dish as well as the cornflakes.
- Dredge the fish strips in the flour mixture one at a time.
- Dip the strips in egg whites then dredge them in cornflakes. Afterward, place the strips on a baking sheet and lightly coat them with cooking spray.
- After coating the strips, bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, turning them regularly until they finish baking.
- Combine the hot sauce, pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan and bring it a boil.
- Reduce the heat of the saucepan and simmer it for 1 minute. Then, remove it from heat and stir the contents in butter.
- Drizzle the hot sauce mixture over the fish strips once they're finished baking. Then serve them with ranch dressing, celery, and carrots and enjoy.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 10604IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg