Apple sauce and horseradish provide a sweet and spicy sauce in this sandwich.
How To Make German-Style Beef Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 lb deli roast beef
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- In a bowl combine the applesauce, horseradish, and sliced green onions. Set this bowl aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter and cook the roast beef until it becomes warm enough.
- Season the roast beef with salt and pepper.
- For each serving, place a slice of toasted rye bread on a plate. Cover it with 1/4 cups of lettuce, 1/4 of the beef slices, and a slice of red onion. Add some applesauce on the side. Enjoy!