One night I was getting ready to make dinner and I asked my son Zack what I should make. He said, why don’t you saute the chicken, cut it up, make some gnocchi and mix it all together. The rest is history! I added the spices and the last thing was the pesto. It really brought it all together. It’s fabulous!
How To Make Chicken & Gnocchi in Pesto Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts 1/4-1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or vermouth
- 3 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp pesto, homemade or jarred
- 1 bag gnocchi, cavatelli, or tortellini
- Mix the black pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper together.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the gnocchi. In a 12-inch skillet, add the olive oil and heat the skillet at medium high for 1 minute.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the mixed seasoning.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and brown it on both sides for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is sautéing, cook the gnocchi as directed on the package.
- After the chicken is browned, take the chicken out of the pan and slice it into bite-size pieces.
- Lower the heat of the skillet and add the wine, broth, and butter and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken back on the skillet. Add the crushed red pepper.
- When the gnocchi is cooked, drain and add it to the skillet and then add the pesto. Mix well.
- Serve your meal with some grated cheese and a salad. Enjoy!