A slightly healthier version of chicken and waffles. Instead of fried chicken, use the baked version. It’s better for you and just as crispy!
How To Make Baked Fried Chicken & Waffles
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 3 oz buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cornflakes crumbs crushed finely
- 1 lbs skinless chicken legs
- 1 cup pancake batter
- 1 waffle maker
- Start by preheating the oven to 365º degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat your baking dish with oil or cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper together.
- Place the buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in two separate shallow bowls.
- Roll the chicken in flour mixture. Make sure to evenly coat each side.
- Afterward, dip the chicken and corn flakes crumbs into buttermilk.
- Put the coated chicken breasts inside the baking dish.
- Spray the chicken with non stick cooking spray. Otherwise, lightly drench in oil.
- Bake the chicken for about about 25 to 30 minutes. Do not flip the chicken until it is tender and no longer pink.
- When the chicken is almost ready, start on the waffles.
- Mix the pancake batter in a bowl.
- Pour the batter onto your waffle maker.
- Once finished, serve your cooked waffles with butter and syrup.