This quick and easy dish has a little bit of everything. With a combination of meal, potatoes, cheese and a crunchy topping it’s a great comfort food for those cold winter nights when you just want to curl up under a blanket and watch a good movie.
How To Make Potato Burger Casserole
A wonderful recipe that can be easily made in a pinch during any day of the week! A delicious casserole of ground beef with a creamy and savory sauce, then ultimately topped with crispy potatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Boil potatoes, leaving skins on for approximately 25 minutes.
- Potatoes are done when you can poke a fork in them and it comes out easily.
- While potatoes are boiling, brown hamburger in skillet.
- Add onions and saute until clear but not browned.
- Add Worchestershire sauce, taco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly mix together and set aside.
- Once potatoes are done, drain water completely.
- Mash potatoes with skins until smooth.
- Add sour cream, butter, Half & Half, salt and pepper.
- Mix together.
- In a small 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch pan, spoon meat mixture and spread on bottom of pan.
- Next, spread the potato mixture on top of meat.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and distribute evenly over potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Take out of oven and add French onions on top.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with a tossed salad.
- Calcium: 569mg
- Calories: 1592kcal
- Carbohydrates: 85g
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- Fat: 115g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 6mg
- Potassium: 1911mg
- Protein: 51g
- Saturated Fat: 53g
- Sodium: 1515mg
- Sugar: 8g
- Vitamin A: 1300IU
- Vitamin C: 26mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!