Jambalaya Salad with Greens Recipe
This lighter twist on Jambalaya is refreshing, tasty and easy to make, a meal in itself.
How To Make Jambalaya Salad with Greens
A delicious way to spruce up your salad with a Louisiana flavor! This jambalaya salad is the perfect salad to accompany your meat dishes, crawfish boil, or even just a plate of roasted chicken!
- In a large saucepan, combine rice, water, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; rinse rice well with cool water.
- Drain and set aside.
Bias-slice sausage into ½-inch pieces.
In a large skillet brown sausage over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain off fat.
- Remove sausage from skillet.
Add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet; cook onion in hot oil until tender, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, for Citrus-Pepper Dressing, in a screw-top jar combine the ⅓ cup olive oil, orange peel, orange juice, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt, ground red pepper, and black pepper.
- Cover and shake dressing well.
- Use immediately or chill.
- Shake again before using.
- In a very large bowl combine rice, sausage, onion, cooked crawfish tails or shrimp, tomato, sweet pepper, and parsley.
- Add the Citrus-Pepper Dressing; toss well.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, arrange greens on a large platter; top with the chilled seafood mixture.
- Serve over greens.
- Calcium: 24mg
- Calories: 160kcal
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 172mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 466IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg