A meatloaf recipe for a full-flavored and textured meatloaf everyone will enjoy during family dinners. The yogurt is the secret ingredient! To save time, sauté the mushroom/onion mixture a day in advance and refrigerate.
How To Make A Luxury Meatloaf
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Set oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat, add in mushrooms, onion, red bell pepper, garlic and thyme; sauté for about 6 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in all remaining ingredients; using clean hands mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture into the prepared loaf pan, then place them onto a baking sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Using 2 forks remove the meatloaf from the pan. Let rest 5-7 minutes before slicing and serving.