This Connecticut beef supper recipe is a full meal in itself. This dish has a little bit of everything, from a fragrant beef base to a crispy crumbled topping. This allows you to get a mix of different flavors in each layer.
How To Make Connecticut Beef Supper
This Connecticut beef supper recipe is great to prepare if you’re hosting a big house party. Its shareable portion size ensures there’s enough to go around.
- Heat up your oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add your beef and saute for roughly 8 to 10 minutes until caramelized.
- Add your onions and saute for another 5 to 7 minutes until translucent.
- Remove from the heat and add half of the cheese. Season and adjust accordingly. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking casserole of your choice with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, yogurt or sour cream, and milk.
- Place your sauteed beef mixture at the bottom of the baking casserole and spread evenly.
- Next, place the potatoes on top of the beef. Ensure that all spaces are covered by the potatoes.
- Pour your milk mixture to cover the entire casserole.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese, followed by the crushed cornflakes all over.
- Bake for roughly 1½ hours or until potatoes are tender and serve!
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 386mg
- Calories: 708kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- Fat: 43g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 5mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 17g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 1306mg
- Protein: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 729mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 495IU
- Vitamin C: 39mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!