Sunday family dinner is perfect with loved ones, memories, and of course homestyle baked chicken. This is a simple recipe with a powerful flavor, enjoy with potatoes and zucchini.
How To Make Cracker Barrel Copycat Baked Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts boneless but not skinless
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour half of the evaporated milk into one bowl. In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper. Finally, melt the butter in a small microwaveable dish.
- Dip each chicken breast in the evaporated milk and then in the flour mix. Coat well. Then dip each breast in the melted butter.
- Place each breast skin side down in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake it in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, combine the water, remaining milk, and the soup in a small saucepan over medium heat. This forms the gravy mixture.
- After 30 minutes, turn over the chicken and pour the gravy mixture over it. Bake for another 30 minutes. Afterward, serve the chicken with gravy and whatever sides you desire!