It is hard to resist a delicious banana pudding that is made entirely from scratch. This old fashioned, homemade treat is just what your day needs. Pretty soon you will want to prepare this dessert every night.
How To Make Old Fashioned Banana Pudding
Let your taste buds explode with this delectable Old Fashioned Banana Pudding Recipe. It’s a creamy dessert topped with sweet vanilla wafers!
- Combine egg yolks, milk, sugar, flour, and salt into a saucepot. Whisk first to combine, then place over medium heat.
- Whisk constantly until the custard thickens, roughly 5 to 8 minutes.
- Once your custard thickens, add your liqueur, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl attached to a hand beater, add egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar. Whisk until egg whites have stiff peaks, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Gradually add your sugar while whisking to have the egg whites hold its peaks. Set aside once done.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread ⅓ of your custard at the bottom of your preferred baking casserole, then add half of your cookies and lastly half of your bananas.
- Repeat until you have another layer of custard, cookies, and bananas.
- Spread your last ⅓ of the custard, then tap lightly to have the custard spread around the spaces.
- Spread the meringue on top, then bake until your meringue has turned golden brown, roughly 10 minutes.
- Once baked, you can either serve this immediately or cool down completely and serve cold.
- Sugar: 57g
- Calcium: 99mg
- Calories: 580kcal
- Carbohydrates: 100g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 476mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 420mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 251IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!