This rich crockpot recipe is perfect for any time of the day — breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. The sweet mix of caramel and bananas topped with salty pecans makes this dish impossible to resist.
How To Make Crockpot Caramel Banana Bread Pudding
3 hrs 15 mins
- 2 sliced bananas
- 10 cups bread cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 tbsp butter stored at room temperature
- 3 tsp bourbon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- Begin by heating up 1 cup of sugar and about ¼ cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the mixture turns caramel-colored. Do this for about 8-10 minutes.
- Next, remove the saucepan from heat and mix in the butter, ½ cup of heavy cream, bourbon, lemon juice, and salt. Set aside afterward.
- Place the bread cubes and the raisins into the crockpot.
- Now, whisk together the milk, vanilla extract, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, remaining sugar, and remaining heavy cream in a bowl and pour the mixture over the bread cubes.
- Begin cooking the mixture on low for about 90 minutes, then pour the caramel over the top and add in the bananas and pecans.
- Lastly, cook the pudding on the same setting for another 90 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Afterward, serve and enjoy!
Calories: 2618kcal | Carbohydrates: 408g | Protein: 78g | Fat: 76g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 326mg | Sodium: 3567mg | Potassium: 1895mg | Fiber: 28g | Sugar: 133g | Vitamin A: 2178IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 1188mg | Iron: 22mg