These delicious desserts are little delectable pockets of goodness! Making it is fairly simple, as most of the work is assembling. It’s so easy to prepare, you can even let the kids take part in assembling the dumplings. It’s a good way to introduce them with how their food is prepared. Let them get creative in shaping their own apple dumplings.
Pair it with your afternoon cup of joe, or tea. You’ll sure to crave tea-time again with these by your side.
How To Make Sprite Apple Dumplings
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled and cored, cut into quarters
- 2 cans crescent dinner rolls open and separate
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 12 oz. can Sprite
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with Pam.
- Wrap each piece of apple in a crescent roll.
- Put into prepared baking dish, core side down.
- Mix sugars together and spread evenly over apples.
- Cut butter or margarine over top, then pour Sprite around the edge of the baking dish. Bake until browned.
Commonly Asked Questions
What can I use as substitute to Sprite?
You can ginger ale as an alternative to Sprite in this recipe. The rich flavor of ginger ale lends itself well to this buttery pastry. It also goes hand in hand with the softened apples.