Try this copycat recipe to get apple dumplings just like those at Wendy’s.
How To Make Copycat Wendy's Apple Dumplings
A crunchy exterior that surprises you with an apple filling you’ll never forget.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish.
- Dust the working area with flour and place the pie crust.
- Roll the dough into a ⅛-inch thick rectangle then cut into 5-inch squares.
- Place 3 or 4 apple slices on each square.
- Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Moisten the edges with water then place a couple of cubes of butter.
- Bring the corners to the center and pinch the center to seal.
- Place the dumplings 1-inch apart in a lightly greased baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients for the syrup. Simmer for 5 minutes or just until the sugar has completely dissolved, then pour the syrup over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ice cream and drizzle with syrup.
- Sugar: 50g
- Calcium: 65mg
- Calories: 704kcal
- Carbohydrates: 92g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Fat: 37g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 257mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 303mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 647IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!