How To Make Lemon Cooler Cookies
Treat yourself with this lemon cooler cookies recipe. Light and sweet cookies frosted with sweet powdered sugar and tangy lemon zest for a bright and tasty snack.
- Place racks in the center of oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Line Cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, and sugar until combined. Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon extract. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Add lemon juice and whisk until well combined.
- If dough is still too sticky to work with, chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. Use a mini cookie scoop or tablespoon to shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place balls on prepared cookie sheets 1 inch apart. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until centers are puffy and bottoms are light golden brown. Remove cookie sheets from oven and place on wire racks. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and lemon zest in a plastic bag. After cookies have cooled down, add 4 to 5 pieces into the bag. Gently shake and roll bag until cookies are well coated with sugar. Remove cookies from bag and shake off excess sugar.
- Place coated cookies on a wire rack and allow to cool off some more. Repeat until all cookies are coated with powdered sugar.
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 24mg
- Calories: 112kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 17mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 95mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 164IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!