Shortbread cookie fans, this is your recipe. Be sure to pick up a box or two of these timeless Girl Scout cookies – then compare with the homemade recipe!
How To Make Copycat Trefoils
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Salt to taste
- 1 lb Unsalted Butter softened but still cool
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Add butter; cream the mixture until well combined, add vanilla extract once the butter is almost fully incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and shape into square or round logs, about 1 1/2" thick.
- Chill at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from the refrigerator 15 minutes prior to slicing.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut slices of the cookie logs 1/8" to 1/4" thick. Bake for 15 minutes and check.
- The middle should begin to firm up and the cookies should start to turn light brown in color.
- Cool and store in an airtight container, if not eating immediately.
Calories: 908kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 1006mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 1619IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 4mg