Enjoy this moist chocolate cake with a smooth chocolate strawberry sauce. We love to add extra fresh strawberries for a topping.
How To Make Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Strawberry Sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 4 oz butter unsalted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup strawberries
Chocolate Strawberry Sauce:
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 oz squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While your oven warms up, mix the baking powder, cocoa, flour, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir the vanilla, butter, and brown sugar while adding one egg at a time.
- Now mix the flour mixture, milk, and yogurt together, then pour the mixture into a 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While your cake is baking, start making the chocolate strawberry sauce by mixing the strawberries, water, and sugar then bringing it to a boil.
- After some time, reduce the heat then cover the mixture and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Add the chocolate, butter, and vanilla to the mixture then stir it until it becomes smooth and melted.
- Once your cake is done baking, garnish it with extra strawberries then drizzle it with chocolate strawberry sauce. Afterward, serve it and enjoy!
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 518IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2mg