Fried chicken with chili on top? Who can say no to this dish?
How To Make Chili Fried Chicken
- 1 lb chicken wings
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- Pam Butter Flavored Non-Fat, Nonstick Cooking Spray
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp granulated onion powder
- 3 oz buttermilk
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs crushed finely
- 1 lb ground beef or any other ground meat
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz diced tomatoes in juice
- 3/4 cup dried lentils
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup hot salsa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Begin preparing your dish by browning the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. After browning, drain the grease.
- Transfer the meat into a large pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the contents of the pot well then cover and cook them over medium heat for one hour.
- After some time, lower the heat and cook the pot's contents for at least one more hour.
- While the chili cooks, start preparing your chicken by preheating your oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a baking dish with oil or cooking spray. After that, combine the flour, salt, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place the buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in two separate shallow bowls.
- Roll the chicken in the flour mixture, making sure to evenly coat each side.
- Next, dip the chicken in the buttermilk mixture then in the corn flakes crumbs mixture.
- Place the coated chicken breasts inside the baking dish then spray them with non-stick cooking oil. Alternatively, you can drench them in oil instead.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for about about 25 to 30 minutes until it is tender and no longer pink. No need to flip it as it bakes.
- Once your chicken s done cooking, serve it with the chili and feel free to garnish with cheese. Enjoy!