This quiche is perfect for your morning breakfast. It is a complete breakfast in one dish! It includes mushrooms, tomatoes, and is made with egg.
How To Make Mushroom and Tomato Quiche
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour plus extra for rolling
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter cubed and chilled
- 4 tbsp shortening cubed and chilled
- 1/4 cup ice-cold water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- In a large bowl, add the flour, butter, water, and shortening. Mix everything together until the dough becomes firm.
- Form the dough into a circle and wrap it in plastic. Chill the dough for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface. Then place the pastry on a pie plate.
- Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and press a sheet of aluminum foil around the pastry edge. Then chill it for 10 minutes.
- After chilling the pastry, place it on a skillet drenched with olive oil and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes. Afterward, take off the foil and bake the pastry for another 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs, cheese, half-and-half, and the mushrooms together. Stir everything until they are well-blended. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to add flavor.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baked pastry shell. Then sprinkle the top of the quiche with the cherry tomatoes and bake it in the oven until the crust is golden and the filling is well-formed.
- Once you're finished baking, serve your mushroom and tomato quiche and enjoy your meal.