Cut back on time and carbs by baking this crustless quiche filled with crispy bacon and topped with red tomato slices. If you don’t have Gruyere cheese on hand, you can substitute it with an equal amount of shredded Swiss cheese.
How To Make Crustless Bacon and Tomato Quiche
This crustless bacon and tomato quiche recipe will cut back on carbs but won’t cut back on flavor. Fluffy eggs with crispy bacon and lots of cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F then grease either a baking casserole or pie tin of your choice with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add your onions and tomatoes and saute until translucent.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and add the bacon. Mix until evenly incorporated, then set aside at room temperature until cooled down completely.
- While waiting, add the heavy cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and half of each cheese into a mixing bowl. Whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Fold the bacon and vegetables together into the prepared custard.
- Place the prepared filling at the bottom of either your greased baking casserole or pie tin.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top, then bake for roughly 35 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean and fully set.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with side salad of your choice. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 252mg
- Calories: 525kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Cholesterol: 277mg
- Fat: 44g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 230mg
- Protein: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Sodium: 1480mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1715IU
- Vitamin C: 8mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!