No Midwest road-trip would be complete without a meal from Le Peep but we can’t always be on the road. Make their French toast pancakes at home and fall in love with autumn for breakfast!
How To Make French Toast Pancakes
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, sift and whisk together the flour, sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ones and whisk until a slightly lumpy mixture is formed.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the 2 eggs, ½ cup of milk, and remaining ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Pour ½ cup of batter onto the heated and greased skillet and cook one side until bubbles rise and a thick dough is formed. Then, flip and do the same with the other side. Repeat this process until you have the necessary amount of portions.
- Then, coat each pancake in the mixture and transfer it back to the skillet and cook for 2 more minutes on each side.
- Serve it with maple syrup and whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 84mg
- Calories: 116kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 110mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Vitamin A: 131IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!