Copycat Johnnie’s Vets Club Steak de Burgo Recipe
Steak de Burgo is a popular steak on restaurant menus in central Iowa. The steak is cook to preference and glazed with a rich wine-like sauce and aromatic seasonings.
How To Make Copycat Johnnie's Vets Club Steak de Burgo
- Cook steaks to desired doneness over medium heat in 6-inch cast iron skillet.
- (3/4-inch steaks take 7 to 9 minutes total cooking time for medium-rare to medium doneness; 1-inch steaks take 10 to 13 minutes total cooking time for medium-rare to medium doneness.)
- While steaks are cooking, combine garlic paste, butter and half-and-half.
- When steaks are cooked to preference, shut off burner.
- Pour butter mixture over meat.
- Sprinkle oregano and sweet basil over top of steaks and add wine.
- Serve immediately.
- Calcium: 86mg
- Calories: 578kcal
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Cholesterol: 216mg
- Fat: 40g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 837mg
- Protein: 51g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 339mg
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 809IU