These are fabulous at a party. You can use budget ingredients or go all out-either way they are delicious and easy! The maple bacon adds a sweet, smokey and savory flavor that your guests will surely love.
How To Make Maple Glazed Bacon Cheddar and Brussels Sprout Bites
Have a bite from skewered brussels sprouts, crispy bacon and a cheddar cheese cube for an appetizing treat.
- 6 oz bacon rashers, (18 pieces total), cut into thirds
- 18 cheddar cheese cubes, cut into ½-inch sizes
- 10 brussels sprouts, fresh or frozen, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 3 cups water, for boiling
- 2 tbsp salt
- Prepare water in a deep pot, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Blanch the sprouts in boiling salted water until tender, then quickly cool down in iced water. Drain and set aside.
- Fry bacon in a dry pan until cooked but not crisp.
- Add and saute the blanched sprouts until tender and a little caramelized, but still firm enough to hold onto a toothpick.
- Skewer a cheese cube, bacon, sprout, another cheese cube, to end with bacon. Repeat until you have 9 pieces of skewers. Preferably, use the larger sprouts to assemble, as you will have smaller ones after cooking.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve. These can sit out on your party table for up to 4 hours.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 13mg
- Calories: 42kcal
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 58mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 58mg
- Vitamin A: 90IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!