A yummy combination of ingredients creates the best fruit spread for toast and other bread items.
How To Make Pear-Apple Jam
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped pears
- 1 cup peeled, cored, and finely chopped apples
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 6 oz liquid pectin
- Crush the apples and pears in a large saucepan and stir in the cinnamon.
- Thoroughly mix in the sugar and lemon juice and boil the mixture over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Immediately stir in the pectin. Afterward, bring the saucepan to a full boil and continue boiling for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Once you're finished boiling, remove the saucepan from heat and quickly skim off the foam. Pour the mixture equally in sterilized jars, leaving a 1-inch headspace just below the lid.
- Wipe the jar rims and process the jars for 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
test Recipe Conclusion