A yummy combination of ingredients creates the best fruit spread for toast and other bread items.
How To Make Pear-Apple Jam
- 2 cup peeled, cored and finely chopped pears
- 1 cup peeled, cored and finely chopped apples
- 6 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 6 oz. liquid pectin
- Crush apples and pears in a large saucepan and stir in cinnamon.
- Thoroughly mix sugar and lemon juice with fruits and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Immediately stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, quickly skim off foam and fill hot, sterile jars leaving 1 in. headspace.
- Wipe jar rims and process for 5 minutes in boiling water bath.