Want to impress your guests at your next dinner party? Make them all a delicious poached pear with this super easy recipe! Simmer the pears in fruit juice, cinnamon and nutmeg to infuse them with more delicious flavors and garnish with raspberries and orange zest to make a sophisticated and tasty diabetic-friendly dessert.
How To Make Diabetic-Friendly Perfectly Poached Pears
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 whole pears
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp. orange zest
- In a small bowl, mix together orange juice, apple juice, ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir ingredients until evenly mixed and set aside.
- Peel pears, leaving the stems.
- Remove the core from the bottom of the pear.
- Place pears in a shallow sauce pan.
- Pour juice mixture over pears into pan and set over medium-heat.
- Simmer pears for 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- Do not bring liquid to a boil.
- Transfer pears to individual serving plates.
- Garnish plates with raspberries and orange zest.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!