Our cream cheese dip is simple to make but will surely leave an impact at your next social gathering. It’s soft, creamy, and thick with a boosting kick of garlic. Herb cream cheese is one of the best dips for chips and crackers and let’s face it — just one of the best appetizer dips altogether. Serve it over homemade bagels for an easy breakfast spread.
Tips for Making Cream Cheese Dip
You’ll love making one of the easiest cream cheese dip recipes at home. It’s yummy, easy-to-make, versatile, and will surely satisfy your cravings! To make sure you make the best cream cheese dip at home, take note of the following tips:
- Soften your cream cheese before starting. To save time, take your block of cheese out of the fridge 30 minutes before you plan to start making this recipe. You can also put it in a microwave for 15 seconds. We still recommend doing the former when you can.
- Add olive oil, garlic cloves, and herbs of your choice. This will elevate the appearance, texture, and taste. Olive oil thins out your dip and helps make it more spreadable.
- Use a fork or spatula to mix your ingredients together. We recommend whisking by hand so less air is incorporated into your mixture. If you are in a rush, however, you can use an immersion or stick blender with the lowest setting instead. Stop immediately once you see all your ingredients are mixed together well.
- Make your own block of cream cheese. Homemade cheese is lighter, smoother, and creamier. Moreover, it’s healthier than store-bought, having more protein, calcium, and vitamins. So we definitely suggest making it yourself if you have the time.
- Use this as a dip for your favorite fried snacks such as baked chicken nuggets or fried calamari. The whole family will love it!
How To Make Easy Herb Cream Cheese Dip
This tangy and soft herb cream cheese dip is sure to leave a lasting impression. It’s the perfect dip for your afternoon cravings.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl or food processor and mix until smooth.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly.
Serve with crackers, chips, or vegetable sticks.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 117mg
- Calories: 359kcal
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Fat: 30g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 181mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 413mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1440IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Is cream cheese good for you?
Too much of anything can be bad for you. Cream cheese, however, contains a significant amount of vitamin A and some riboflavin. It has a number of antioxidants and has probiotics because of the lactic acid present.
How do you thin out cream cheese?
There are a few ways to thin out your cream cheese dip. Firstly, you can add a tablespoon of milk, sour cream, or regular cream. Secondly, you can add melted butter for a smooth, velvety dip. Thirdly, you can add a teaspoon of lemon juice to add a little more tart flavor. Lastly, you can add whipped cream for sweet hints and compliment the tartness of the dip.
How long does cream cheese dip last in the fridge?
As long as your cream cheese dip has been refrigerated, for the most part, it will last a maximum of 4 days.
ConclusionIf you love the taste of garlic in a creamy dip, this recipe will surely satisfy your taste buds. This easy herb cream cheese dip along with your favorite savory dishes will undoubtedly be in your snacking rotation for years to come!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!