Our cream cheese dip will magically transform any dippable appetizer into something delectable and wonderful. It’s soft, thick yet creamy, and mildly sweet. Find out the simple ingredients that we used in this herb cream cheese recipe to make it more enjoyable. We also got you some great dishes to let you savor your cream cheese dip beyond Homemade Bagels!
Make Your Homemade Cream Cheese From Scratch
It’s actually pretty simple to come up with a block of cream cheese at home. All you need is heavy cream, milk, plain yogurt, and kosher salt. Simply heat these ingredients into a pan, then stir it all together. Upon stirring constantly, you’ll see little bubbles forming up the mixture. This is the time to add the acid or the vinegar. You can simmer it for the next 3 to 5 minutes and set it aside to cool down. Then, pour this mixture into a bowl with a cloth or a strainer. The whey, or the liquid remaining with the curdled milk, needs to be removed. Cover the mixture and store it in the fridge overnight. Check it out in the morning, and voila! There you have your own cream cheese.
If you don’t want to go through all that hassle, you can buy any pre-made cream cheese brand you prefer more for this recipe. Lastly, elevate the appearance, texture, and taste of your dip by adding olive oil, garlic cloves, and herbs. In this recipe, we used basil, chives, parsley, and rosemary—a truly delectable combination of herbs to create this wonderful herb cream cheese dip.
5 Appetizing Dishes To Enjoy With Your Cream Cheese
You can always come up with different dishes to incorporate this fresh and mild-tasting dip with. To give you some idea, here are 5 appetizing dishes to enjoy this herb cream cheese dip with:
- Mash your leftover potatoes and make it creamier with your herb cream cheese dip just like what we did in our Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
- This might be the easiest way to enjoy your herb cream cheese. Use this as a dip to your favorite fried snacks such as Fried Mushrooms, Crispy Chicken Nuggets, or Fried Calamari.
- Roll some Cheese Ball Bites with these herb cream cheese for a savory muncher.
- Enjoy our Jalapeno Popper Chicken with this cream cheese mixture for a cheesy and spicy treat.
- Savor on our Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with tomatoes and cilantro for a loaded plate.
These herb cream cheese will level up our eating experience at home. It’s yummy, easy-to-make, and surely satisfies our cravings.
How To Make Easy Herb Cream Cheese
You’ll never get over this sweet, tangy, and soft herb cream cheese dip. It’s the perfect dip for all your cravings, may it be savory dishes, dessert, or snack.
- Combine softened cream cheese with herbs and olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, or bread for dipping
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How to store cream cheese?
Keep your cream cheese mixture in an airtight container in the fridge, or with a temperature no lower than 40 degrees F. Consume it within 10 days of re-opening it.
Can cream cheese be frozen?
We don’t recommend freezing opened cream cheese as it will ruin the texture drastically. But unopened blocks of cream cheese can be frozen for up to 2 months.
This easy herb cream cheese recipe is going to be your new go-to dip. It’s thick, soft, and creamy just like a cream cheese should be, even made flavorful with herbs and garlic. Enjoy this simple yet addicting cream cheese dip in your snack or meals.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!