Mushrooms are an underrated food source. It is safe to say that mushrooms are not a common thing to find at one’s cupboards. There may be a couple of reasons for that: mushrooms can be expensive and people don’t think it’s delicious. However, mushrooms are absolutely delicious, especially with the right cream sauce. Read on and discover the wonders of mushrooms in this Portobello mushroom recipe
In this recipe, we’ll show you how you can make your dinners a wee bit fancy with this Portobello mushroom tower dish. It’s savory, flavorful, and we guarantee that it will change whatever your opinions are about mushrooms.
Serve this with rice or bread and your favorite cheese and it will surely be a hit! If you’re experimenting with meatless dishes, this recipe is for you. If you are interested in trying more mushroom recipes, check out our balsamic mushroom salad recipe.
How To Make Portobello Mushroom Tower
This portobello mushroom tower recipe will make eating vegetables more satisfying especially with the homemade cauliflower puree.
- Combine marinade ingredients. Slice all vegetables ¼-inch thick and marinate, refrigerated for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Lightly grill each vegetable until just done. They should still be slightly crunchy — do not overcook.
- Over medium heat, sauté shallots and garlic until tender. Add the cauliflower, and caramelize lightly.
- Put the cauliflower mixture, heavy cream, and parmesan in a food processor and puree.
- Start by placing a dollop of the cauliflower puree in the center of the plate as the base, then add a dollop of marinara sauce.
- Start the tower by alternately layering your vegetables. Top with grilled asparagus and crumbled fresh mozzarella.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 140mg
- Calories: 367kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Fat: 28g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 15g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 1250mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 392mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1228IU
- Vitamin C: 73mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I substitute white wine with?
If for whatever reason you want to remove the alcohol from this dish without compromising on the flavor, you can use apple cider vinegar. ACV has the same notes as white wine and will give you the same flavors. However, remember that ACV can be quite strong, so use less than the recommended amount.
ConclusionWant to see what the fuss is all about when it comes to vegetarian dishes? This portobello mushroom tower is the perfect recipe to start with. Portobello mushrooms are both meaty and filling while being completely vegetarian. Let us know what you loved about this recipe in the comments!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!